DO YOUR R&D
Make sure you do your research and development well in the beginning stages of your business planning. Here are a few questions or analyses to do in preparation for launch:
- Do I have the right location?
- Are there commercial clients with a need for a laundromat in the area?
- Do I have enough money to start, or do I need to apply for a business loan?
- Do I have the right staff to open with the correct experience?
- Do I have a commercial detergent supplier who can offer quality products in bulk in order to save on costs?
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT?
If you aren't buying an existing laundry with existing machines, it means you'll be starting from scratch and needing to buy the best laundry business equipment you can afford. Make sure you shop around and get the best quotes from a range of different equipment suppliers. Here are a few tips when deciding on equipment:
- Is the equipment new or used?
- Is it a brand you trust?
- Does the supplier offer a maintenance contract when buying the machines?
- Does the supplier offer a guarantee or warrantee with the machines?
CHOOSE A RELIABLE SUPPLIER
When running any kind of business, having reliable suppliers in your supply chain is key. When running a laundromat, choose laundry business services and suppliers that can offer you bulk products, at competitive prices, with excellent customer service.
At Unilever Professional, we stock commercial laundry products that are well-known across South Africa, from brands that have been tried and tested.
HOW PROFITABLE IS A LAUNDROMAT?
Without seeing the detailed financials of an existing business, it's impossible to know the financial success (or loss) of any business. In order to create a profitable business, no matter what industry you're in, here are our top tips for success:
- Have a vision for what you want to achieve
- Have a business plan but always remain flexible
- Work with honesty and integrity
- Embrace your expertise and make use of other people's skills and expertise that you might not have